Thursday 22 January 2015

Citrus?

The challenge in Kim's Bestill52 class this week was to shoot a still life with the theme 'citrus'.  I'm almost sure kiwi fruit may not be classed as citrus so you might have to use your imagination here and think 'lemon' or 'orange'!  It was set up in the hallway, in front of a glass door, south facing, but no sun today so I used a white foam board for extra light. After adding Kim's LR preset 'lightairypastel' I added her texture 'flow' in Elements.  The knife is a vintage fruit knife which belonged to my mother so it's about 75 years old.  In other words, an old knife!  Now to eat the props!

5 comments:

  1. Great focus. (I'm not far from being vintage!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I'm going with citrus (because the color is a lovely citrus lime green). :-) It is beautiful in front of that lovely pitcher, and what an old knife! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like something out of a magazine, Julia.
    So nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done. I love the pitcher and the vintage knife. I think the kiwi green is a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is beautiful and I love that pretty jug too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Every one is valued!